American colleges and universities take deadlines seriously, so be sure to ask each school you're applying to for any important dates.
18 months prior to arrival in the United States
- Begin your college search.
- Take tests or exams required for admission such as the TOEFL® or the SAT.
12–15 months before:
- Make a list of schools you'd like to apply to and request information from each.
10–12 months before:
- Get all necessary documents in order, such as your transcript (academic record), application essay, and references.
10 months before:
- Mail applications.
3 months before:
- Apply for a student visa.